In addition to lectures and walks, the Economy & Society Summer School offers Reading Groups. These are smaller groups of 4-7, led by a pair of experienced academics, for about one hour each day; you will be added to one of these groups based on your resume, a theme or a method. Two to four key readings in this area will be distributed to you ahead of time. You will be invited to discuss your own project and explore how the topic of the reading group might inform your thinking.
The current reading groups for our 2023 Summer School are as follows:
- Anthropology & Social Theory: Bjorn Thomassen & Chris Rojek
- Welfare and Work: Ray Griffin & Tracey Shildrick
- Interpretation & Creativity: Tríona Ní Shíocháin & Paul Clogher
- ‘Thinking ecology for the anthropocene’ : Damian O’Doherty & Mike Zundel
- Architectures of life: Des Fitzgerald & Adrian Favell.
- Understanding Critique: Tom Boland & Kate Kenny.
Note: These reading groups are mandatory for those taking the summer school as an accredited module. Participation comes highly recommended.